MCD Polls: Sukhbir Singh Badal Seeks Resignation of Arvind Kejriwal
Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday sought Arvind Kejriwal's resignation as chief minister of Delhi saying the MCD poll results were a "direct referendum" on the two years of "non-performance and negative politics" of the AAP government.
File image of Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party chief (PTI Photo)
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday sought Arvind Kejriwal's resignation as chief minister of Delhi saying the MCD poll results were a "direct referendum" on the two years of "non-performance and negative politics" of the AAP government.
SAD patron and former Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal thanked the electorate for showing faith in the BJP-SAD combine in Delhi and giving a huge mandate in its favour.
"The Delhi electorate has shown that people want development and want their government to cooperate with other stake holders to deliver on its promises. The electorate has made it clear that it will not tolerate the agitational politics of the Delhi CM.
"As AAP revolves around Kejriwal alone he should take moral responsibility for this crushing defeat", the senior Badal said.
Sukhbir said the defeat was a culmination of a series of steps which had exposed Kejriwal irreversibly.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Titans Review: A Mix of Noir and Rib-cracking Action Makes this DC Show on Netflix Worth a Watch
- Paytm Republic Day Sale: Cashback on Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus and More
- Video of Sara Ali Khan and Malaika Arora Working Out Together is Breaking the Internet, Watch Here
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Heavily Trolled for Flaunting Holographic Outfit Copied from International Brand
- Samsung to Stop Making Flagship Phones in India, Protesting Phased Manufacturing Programme
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s