Mehbooba Mufti Gives a Fitting Response to Arun Jaitley's 'Separatist Psyche' Remark
The former Jammu and Kashmir CM said that a 'new India' where those who kill and lynch in the name of religion are feted and garlanded is "unacceptable".
File image of former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti. (Image: PTI)
Srinagar: A 'new India' where those who kill and lynch in the name of religion are feted and garlanded is "unacceptable", former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti said on Wednesday.
The PDP president was reacting to Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's remarks that statements of mainstream parties in Kashmir create "separatist psyche" and were "not acceptable to new India".
Mehbooba, in a tweet, said if standing up for the people made her a separatist and anti-national, she would wear such a badge with honour.
"Unacceptable is a new India where those who kill and lynch in the name of religion are feted and garlanded. If standing up for my people makes me a separatist and anti national, then its a badge I will wear with honour," she said.
Taking on National Conference leader Omar Abdullah, Jaitley on Monday said his demand for revival of the post of prime minister and president in J&K was intended to create a "separatist psyche" and asserted that new India would never allow any government to commit such blunders.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge