Mehbooba Mufti Welcomes Demonetisation, Says It's a Historic Decision
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and hailed the demonetisation of high value currency.
File photo of PM Narendra Modi and J &K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti.
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and hailed the demonetisation of high value currency.
Mehbooba congratulated Modi for his November 8 move to declare Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes illegal.
"This not an ordinary decision. Obviously common people will have to face trouble for a few days. Whenever such big drastic decisions are taken, some inconvenience will be caused. But I feel this decision is historic," said the Peoples Democratic Party leader, a BJP ally.
Recommended For You
- Huawei Launches Its Triple-Camera Flagship P20 Pro in India Alongside P20 Lite: Price, Specifications And More
- Neil Nitin Mukesh, Rukmini Sahay To Welcome Their First Child
- US Soldier Becomes World's First Penis Transplant Receiver, Was Injured in Afghanistan
- On a High After CWG Success, Sharath Kamal Hopes for India's Best Show at World Championships
- Ford Freestyle Launching in India on April 26, Will it be Priced Under Rs 6 Lakh?