Modi Govt will Ensure that Mon-Muslim Refugees Live as Indians with Honour, Says Amit Shah
Home Minister Amit Shah also said that regardless of opposition to the law, refugees would get Indian citizenship and live like Indians with honour.
File photo of Union Home Minister Amit Shah .
New Delhi: Notwithstanding opposition to the amended Citizenship Act, Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday asserted the Modi government will ensure that non-Muslim refugees from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan get Indian nationality and live in the country with honour.
Shah also challenged the people, who are against the new law, to oppose the legislation as much as they can.
"Come what may, the Modi government will ensure that these refugees get Indian citizenship and live as Indians with honour," he said at an event here.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Eviction: Madhurima Tuli Says Vishal Aditya 'Made Mountain out of Molehill'
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Review: Valiant Battle to Keep Android Relevant in The Workplace
- 'Kambal Chor' Trends on Twitter as Videos of UP Police 'Stealing' Blankets from Protesters Go Viral
- Australian Open 2020 Live Streaming: Where and Watch to Watch Live Telecast as 1st Grand Slam of Season Starts
- US Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley Becomes an Inspiration to All With Her Powerful Hair Loss Story