Modi Travelling the World as Flag Bearer of Indian Culture and Tradition, Says Amit Shah
Amit Shah also slammed the previous governments for their wrong interpretation of secularism, preventing them from honouring the best things of the country.
File photo: Union home minister Amit Shah addressing a public meeting in Jabalpur on Sunday.
Bengaluru: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday called Prime Minister Narendra Modi as the "flag bearer" of the Indian culture and tradition.
In his speech at an event organised by Vedanta Bharati here, Shah said, "Prime Minister Narendra Modi is touring across the globe as the flag bearer of the Indian culture and tradition."
To buttress his point, the BJP National President said Modi took a holy dip in Ganga and attended Ganga Arati in Varanasi before taking oath as the Prime Minister.
It was for the first time that Modi sent red sander to Pashupatinath Temple in Nepal to perform special prayers on behalf of the government of India.
Shah also slammed the previous governments for their wrong interpretation of secularism, preventing them from honouring the best things of the country.
"But after a long interval we have a Prime Minister who sends across the message that we have a lot to give to the world," Shah said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone's Resemblance to Kapil Dev and Romi Bhatia in '83 Will Amaze You
- India Recommended as Hosts as AFC Women's Asian Cup 2022 Among 3 Bidders
- Rare Pic of Alia Bhatt and Shaheen Bhatt from Their Childhood will Make Your Day
- Video of Rekha Losing Her Balance at Dabboo Ratnani’s Calendar Launch Event Goes Viral
- The Race to Launch India’s First 5G Smartphone is Completely Pointless