Moradabad Nagar Election Results 2017: BJP's Ritesh Kumar Gupta Wins
Bhartiya Janta Party's Ritesh Gupta has won from Moradabad Nagar.
Bharatiya Janta Party's Ritesh Gupta has won from Moradabad Nagar.
The main candidates from Moradabad Nagar were Ateeq Ahmed Saifi (BSP), Ritesh Kumar Gupta(BJP), Rauf (RLD) and Ritesh Kumar Gupta (BJP).
Moradabad Nagar is a Muslim-dominated constituency. Sitting MLA is SP Mohammad Yusuf Ansari. This time fight between SP's Haji Ikram Qureshi and BJP's Hariom Sharma.
In the 2012 Assembly elections, the Samajwadi Party won this constituency convincingly by 20,238 votes. Mohammad Yusuf Ansari, the winning Samajwadi Party candidate, got 88,341 votes. Ritesh Kumar Gupta of BJP, the nearest contender, got 68,103 votes. The voter turnout was 53.85 %.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- PM Narendra Modi Trailer: Vivek Oberoi Warns Pakistan of Dire Consequences
- Holi 2019: 5 Bollywood Films That Will Not Remain Same Without Festival of Colours
- Thanos aka Josh Brolin Says Happy Holi on Instagram, Gets Love From Indian Fans
- IPL 2019: Kohli and Chhetri Bond During RCB Training Camp
- Decoding The Voluntary Code of Ethics Binding FB, Twitter, WhatsApp, TikTok During 2019 Polls
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s