Mulayam Singh Yadav Flies to Delhi to Claim Party Symbol 'Cycle'
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday left for New Delhi to again stake his claim on the party symbol, the 'cycle'.
File photo of Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh (PTI Photo)
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday left for New Delhi to again stake his claim on the party symbol, the 'cycle'.
He was accompanied by his brother Shivpal Yadav.
Close aides said Mulayam Singh would give a sworn affidavit to the Election Commission buttress his claim vis-a-vis his leadership of the party.
The Election Commission has served notices to both the Mulayam Singh and Akhilesh Yadav factions to provide supporting documents and evidence in their favour for claiming the party symbol.
Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who has rebelled against his father, has called a meeting of party legislators here.
The poll panel has reportedly given both sides time till January 9.
Uttar Pradesh will elect a new assembly between February 11 and March 8.
Akhilesh Yadav late on Wednesday revoked the suspension from the party of four district chiefs
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- New Honda Civic First Drive Review - Back With a Bang!
- US Woman Marries Zombie Child Doll in Intimate Ceremony, Says They Want to Have Kids Now
- Alia Bhatt on Ex-Beau Sidharth Malhotra: I Have a Lot of Love and Respect for Him
- Avengers Endgame: Ghajini Director A.R. Murugadoss Enters Marvel Cinematic Universe
- You Can Buy a Porsche, But Not Common Sense: Boating School Trolls Man After Car Ends Up In Water
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s