Mumbai Slum Dwellers & Tenants to Get Permanent Homes After Election Win, Promises Rahul Gandhi
Gandhi took to Twitter to say that he had backed the proposal of his party colleagues that slum dwellers and tenants be given houses with a minimum area of 500 square feet.
File photo of Congress chief Rahul Gandhi.
Mumbai: Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday said slum-dwellers and tenants in Mumbai will get homes of their own if his party comes to power after the April-May Lok Sabha polls.
All six seats of Mumbai will go to polls on Monday.
In a tweet in Marathi, Gandhi said that he had backed the proposal of his party colleagues that slum dwellers and tenants be given houses with a minimum area of 500 square feet.
"I assure Mumbaikars that if the Congress is voted to power, slum dwellers and tenants will get homes of their own," Gandhi's tweet stated.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right