Muradnagar Election Results 2017: Ajit Pal Tyagi of BJP Wins
BJP takes charge of Muradnagar as its candidate Ajit Pal Tyagi wins.
Image for representation only. (Image: Network18)
Ajit Pal Tyagi of BJP won Muradnagar seat by 140759 votes.
The main candidates from Muradnagar were Sudhan Kumar (BSP), Ajay Pal Singh (RLD), Surender Prakash (INC) and Ajit Pal Tyagi (BJP).
Muradnagar is a Dalit-dominated constituency in Ghaziabad district. Sitting MLA Wahab Chaudhary (BSP). This time fight between BSP Sudhan Kumar and Congress Surender Prakash. Ajit Pal Tyagi (BJP), former Ghaziabad district panchayat head. Congress won four times; SP and BSP once each; BJP never since 1967.
The Samajwadi Party (SP) defeated the Congress by mere 503 votes in the 2012 Assembly elections. Rakesh Pratap Singh, the winning Samajwadi Party candidate, got 44,287 votes. The nearest contender was Mohammad Nayeem of the Congress who got 43,784 votes. The voter turnout was 58.76 %.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samajwadi Party.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Wong Kar-Wai's New Film 'Blossoms' will be a Follow-Up to 'In The Mood for Love' and '2046'
- YouTubers Shane Dawson and Ryland Adams are Engaged and Internet is Crying Tears of Joy
- Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt Perform Most Romantic Dance at an Event And Fans Are Swooning Over
- Watch: Top Stories Of This Hour
- Google Launches Game Streaming Platform Called Stadia, to Take on The Traditional Gaming Industry
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s