National Herald case: Delhi court grants exemption to Sonia, Rahul from personal appearance
A Delhi court on Saturday granted exemption to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, vice president Rahul Gandhi and three others, including Sam Pitroda, from personal appearance.
As a part of the takeover strategy, Rahul has been the main face which Congress has been pitting against Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the last three years.(File photo/PTI)
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday granted exemption to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, vice president Rahul Gandhi and three others, including Sam Pitroda, from personal appearance in the National Herald case. The relief follows a directive by the Supreme Court in this regard.
Sam Pitroda was also granted bail in the case. Notably, Sonia, Rahul Gandhi and others are already out on bail.
This comes over a week after the apex court exempted the Gandhis from personal appearance in the case.
The apex court had, however, observed that the magistrate hearing the case was free to call Gandhis if their presence was required.
It further said that both Sonia and Rahul Gandhi were eminent people who would not run away, adding that it gets chaotic if prominent leaders are asked to appear before court.
The Supreme Court expunged all observations by the Delhi High Court in connection with the case.
(With PTI Inputs)
Recommended For You
- Life on Mars Could Owe Its Foundation to World's Lightest Solid, Aerogel: NASA-JPL
- Facebook May Launch TikTok Competitor to Rope in More Users: Report
- Intercontinental Cup 2019: 18-year-old Narender Gahlot Scores as India Draw 1-1 vs Syria
- Have You Tried Solving this ‘Maths Meme’ that Has Left People Scratching Their Heads?
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics