'Dantewada Attack A Political Conspiracy,' Says Amit Shah, Seeks CBI Probe
Addressing a poll rally in Rajnandgaon Lok Sabha constituency, Shah said the Naxal attack was not a normal incident and 'it seems that it was a political conspiracy'.
File photo of BJP leader Amit Shah.
Rajnandgaon: BJP President Amit Shah on Friday claimed that a “political conspiracy” was behind the death of Dantewada BJP MLA Bhima Mandavi, who was killed in a Maoist ambush in Chhattisgarh on Wednesday. Four other security personnel were also killed in the attack, which has been claimed by the banned Communist Party of India (Maoist).
Seeking a CBI probe into the killing, Shah said that Mandavi’s wife has also demanded an investigation by the central agency. Shah was addressing an election rally in Dongargaon in Rajnandgaon in the state.
Shah also accused the Congress government of doing nothing for people during 55 years in power. During the Congress rule, terrorists would behead the country’s jawans and the government would do nothing, he claimed.
But the current government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi had offered a befitting reply after the February 14 Pulwama suicide bombing in which 40 CRPF jawans lost their lives.
Shah also labelled the “mahagathbandhan” (grand alliance) a “mahathagbandhan” an (alliance of crooks).
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Facebook Libra is Official, Even Though a Lot of The High Profile Partners Have Left
- After Darbar Shoot, Rajinikanth off to Himalayas with Daughter Aishwarya
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day