NCP Releases Nominee List: Ajit Pawar to Contest from Baramati, Nephew Rohit Debuts from Karjat Jamkhed Seat
Ajit Pawar, former deputy CM who resigned from the Assembly after being named by the Enforcement Directorate in the multi-crore Maharashtra State Cooperative Bank scam, will contest from Baramati.
File photo of NCP leader Ajit Pawar.
Mumbai: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Wednesday announced a list of 77 candidates, featuring senior leaders Ajit Pawar, Jayant Patil and Chhagan Bhujbal.
Sharad Pawar's grand-nephew Rohit Pawar will make his electoral debut from Karjat Jamkhed in Ahmednagar district against Ram Shinde, sitting BJP MLA and minister. Ajit Pawar, former deputy chief minister who resigned from the Assembly after being named by the Enforcement Directorate in the multi-crore Maharashtra State Cooperative Bank scam, will contest from Baramati.
State NCP chief Jayant Patil will contest from Islampur, and Bhujbal from Yeola. Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council Dhananjay Munde, will contest from Parli.
Mumbai NCP president Nawab Malik will contest from Anushaktinagar in Mumbai. From Kej, the party has fielded Prithviraj Sathe. Earlier, it had announced Namita Mundada's candidature, but she joined the BJP.
The Maharashtra Assembly elections will be held on October 21 and counting of votes will take place on October 24.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Opens About Why She Did Not Live with Ranveer Singh Before Marriage
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Google Pixel 4 isn't Coming to India and Desi Fanboys are Upset With Sundar Pichai
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More