NDA Ally JD(U) to Contest Alone in Upcoming Jharkhand Assembly Polls
JD(U) Jharkhand unit chief Salkhan Murmu made the announcement here a day after he held deliberations with Bihar Chief Minsiter Nitish Kumar and the party's national vice president and poll strategist Prashant Kishor.
File photo of Bihar CM Nitish Kumar.
Patna: The Janata Dal (United), an NDA ally headed by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, on Sunday announced that it would go it alone in the upcoming assembly polls in neighbouring Jharkhand.
The party's Jharkhand unit chief Salkhan Murmu made the announcement here a day after he held deliberations with Kumar and the party's national vice president and poll strategist Prashant Kishor.
Assembly elections are scheduled to be held in Jharkhand by the end of this year.
"We are looking forward to contesting as many seats as possible, depending on the number of winnable candidates we get. We are not averse to contesting all 81 seats in the state if we get as many good candidates," Murmu said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Has Iodine Deficiency, Issues Warning to Vegetarians and Vegans
- Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes List of the Highest-paid Actresses Second Year in a Row
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones