Need for Ethics, Leadership Training for Ministers, Babus: Goyal
Behavioural science was something the public servants, be it ministers, bureaucrats or the PSU employees, must learn, Piyush Goyal said.
Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal with Chairperson, Governing board Tata Institute of Social Sciences, S Ramadorai during the 76th Convocation of TISS in Mumbai. (PTI)
Mumbai: Union Minister Piyush Goyal on Saturday said the Tata Institute of Social Sciences should design a training programme in ethics and leadership for ministers, bureaucrats and public sector employees.
"I wish TISS considers creating a training program for ministers. We do need training on ethics, on providing visionary and decisive leadership," Goyal said at the 76th convocation ceremony at TISS.
Behavioural science was something the public servants, be it ministers, bureaucrats or the PSU employees, must learn, the Power and Coal minister said.
"I think behavioural science is something that impacts the society so deeply that possibly we could work together to create some programs...," he said.
The people in the "public service or public engagement... need to learn how to deal with the poor person who may come to your door asking for help," he said.
"I believe some sort of on-the-job training, a continuous learning program for public servants could be an interesting dimension of the institution to consider setting up or working on. We could probably start with Mumbai or Maharashtra and then take it forward to next level," the Minister said.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Perform Dangerous Bike Chase Stunts on Portugal's Highest Peak for War
- These Shirtless Pics of Nick Jonas Has Fans Gushing Over His 'Dad Bod'
- Fan Shares Akshay Kumar’s Picture from 1997, His Response is Winning the Internet
- OxygenOS 9.0.7 Update for OnePlus 5/5T Brings Fnatic Mode and Screen Recorder
- Going From Winning World Cup to Quickly Disbanding Was Tough: Plunkett