New Generation of Militants in J&K Fighting for 'Freedom': Farooq Abdullah
Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah on Friday kicked up a controversy by saying that the new generation of militants in Kashmir were fighting for "freedom".
Former Jammu & Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah/File photo
Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah on Friday kicked up a controversy by saying that the new generation of militants in Kashmir were fighting for "freedom".
"These boys have left (for the path of militancy). Everyone loves life, nobody wants to die. They have made promise to God that you decide the matters of life and death but we will sacrifice our life for the freedom of this nation," Abdullah said at a function held at National
Conference (NC) headquarters here.
The NC chief said the new generation of Kashmiris was fearless and were "not scared of guns".
"A new generation has taken birth which does not fear guns. It is striving to achieve freedom for this nation," he said.
The former Union minister said the boys "rendering sacrifices" were not aspiring to be MLAs, MPs or ministers.
"They are giving sacrifices to demand their right: (they say) this is our land and we are its rightful owners but they (India and Pakistan) do not understand this," he said, asking the party workers not to forget these sacrifices.
Lashing out at both India and Pakistan, Abdullah said the two countries "have not done justice" to Kashmiris.
"We are not anybody's enemy...This fight started in 1931. But we are asking both the countries to do justice to us. You even forgot promises you made in 1948," he said.
Recommended For You
- DeepVeer Reception: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh Look endearing at their Grand Bengaluru Function
- New 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Launched in India for Rs 7.44 Lakh, Gets 1.5L Petrol Engine
- Sad News For Marvel Fans, Avengers 4 Trailer is Not Coming This Friday
- Saif Ali Khan on Taimur Doll: I am Glad People are Benefiting from Him
- Ranbir Kapoor Accompanying Alia Bhatt to a Doctor Will Give You Major Relationship Goals