Nitish Greets People on Makar Sankranti, No Festive Cheer for Former CM
Makar Sankranti fosters the spirit of brotherhood while Lohri is observed as a celebration of new harvest, said Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
File photo of Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad Yadav
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar greeted people on Makar Sankranti and Lohri. In his message, he said that the two festivals bring joy, peace and prosperity for the people and exhorted them to celebrate festivals with joy, love and harmony.
Both festivals have their cultural significance, Kumar said in an official release, adding that Makar Sankranti fosters the spirit of brotherhood while Lohri is observed as a celebration of new harvest.
Meanwhile, the traditional Makar Sankranti feast will not be held at RJD chief and former CM Lalu Prasad's residence this year as he was not granted bail in the fodder scam case and is undergoing treatment at a Ranchi hospital.
"The Rashtriya Janata Dal is upset after Laluji was denied bail two days ago. The party would have celebrated the 'chuda-dahi' festival this week if he was around. He has been deliberately framed under false charges by the BJP-controlled CBI," party spokesperson Bhai Virender said.
Recommended For You
- Ashwin Captures Broad's Euphoric Reaction During Last Over
- World Cup Final | Brutal for Kiwis to be Called Vanquished Without Being Beaten…Twice
- Shaw in Race Against Time to Get Fit For West Indies Tour
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: TCL's 2019 Edition of 4K TVs Starting Rs 25,999 With Amazon Alexa Built-in
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Five Best Phones to Buy if you Love Playing PUBG Mobile