No Indian Will be Left Out of NRC, Says Union Minister Smriti Irani
Criticising CM Mamata Banerjee for her opposition to the NRC, Union Minister Smriti Irani said, it proves the dichotomy on her stand on illegal immigrants.
File photo of Union minister Smriti Irani.
Kolkata: Union Minister Smriti Irani on Tuesday hit out at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her opposition to the NRC, saying that the BJP-led government at the Centre is committed to protecting the rights of each and every citizen of the country.
The illegal infiltrators will be dealt with as per law, she asserted.
"No Indian will be left out... we are dedicated towards protecting the rights of the citizens of the country," the union minister said on NRC.
Criticising Banerjee for her opposition to the NRC, Irani said, it proves the dichotomy on her stand on illegal immigrants.
The chief minister's opposition to policies of the central government are well known to the people, she said.
"The belligerent stand taken by Mamata Banerjee is preventing the people of the state from availing the benefits provided by the central government, that could have reached farmers, women and children.
"Establishment of industries have been stalled by the West Bengal government..the Lok Sabha election results in West Bengal has shown that people of the state want change," Irani said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On Aarav's Birthday, Akshay Kumar Says He is Glad to Be on His Son's Speed Dial
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- Denmark Buys 4 Elephants from Circus to Protect Their Rights and Welfare