'No Option Left But to Commit Suicide': Priyanka Gandhi Slams Adityanath Govt Over Farmer Deaths
The Congress general secretary in a tweet cited a media report that said that five farmers have committed suicide in the last few days in Bundelkhand's Banda.
File image of Priyanka Gandhi addressing a public meeting. (Image : PTI)
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Saturday hit out at the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh over issues being faced by farmers and questioned the efficacy of farm and loan waiver schemes.
She cited a media report, which said that five farmers have committed suicide in as many days in Bundelkhand's Banda.
"Farmers grow crop, don't get the price for it. Famine occurs, compensation is not given," Priyanka Gandhi said in a tweet in Hindi.
"Farmers in Bundelkhand are getting threats of confiscation everyday. What kind of farm policy and loan waiver schemes is it that farmers are left with no option but to commit suicide," the AICC in-charge (UP East) said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Shares Her Chennai Shopping List for Ranveer Singh, Fans Tag Her as #WifeyGoals
- Panga Vs Street Dancer 3D Box Office Collection Day 2: Word of Mouth Works in Favour of Kangana Ranaut's Film
- Republic Day 2020: Patriotic Fervour Runs High Among B-town Celebs as They Post Pics With Tricolour
- Bigg Boss 13: Who Will Get Evicted from the House This Week? Vote Here
- German Woman in 'Relationship' With Plane for 6 Years, Plans to 'Marry' Boeing 737-800