'No Religious Angle': On BJP's Internal WhatsApp Group, Shazia Ilmi Accuses Party of Discrimination
The BJP leader was reportedly made to sit in the media enclosure while other Delhi unit leaders were given the pass to go on stage from where PM Narendra Modi addressed a gathering at Ramlila Maidan on Sunday.
File photo of Shazia Ilmi.
New Delhi: Delhi BJP leader Shazia Ilmi has alleged that she has been facing discrimination by the party’s state leadership during gatherings, including at Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s rally at Ramlila Ground Sunday.
The BJP Delhi Vice President raised the issue on party’s internal WhatsApp group for state office-bearers, saying she is sidelined at party gatherings and was also denied an all-access pass during Modi’s Sunday rally, a facility provided to other senior leaders.
Ilmi, who quit AAP in 2015 to join the BJP, told Indian Express, “I never wanted to raise this through the media, but someone has leaked the internal WhatsApp group chat. The central leadership has taken strict cognizance of the issue.
She was reportedly made to sit in the media enclosure while other Delhi unit leaders were given the pass to go on stage from where Modi addressed the gathering.
“I also want to put it straight that this should not been seen through a religious angle, rather it has to do with politics of the state leadership,” the report quoted her as saying.
In 2017, Manoj Tiwari was given made the Delhi state president and Ilmi was appointed as vice-president.
Recommended For You
- TikTok Star Puts on Modi Mask While Walking Next to Arvind Kejriwal in Rally and We're Very Confused
- Alia Bhatt Sends Kangana Ranaut Flowers for Her Padma Shri Honour
- Australian Open 2020 Rafael Nadal vs Nick Kyrgios LIVE Score and Updates: Nadal Beats Kyrgios in 4 Sets, Through to Quarters
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked
- This Compilation of Kobe Bryant and His Daughter Gianna's On-Court Moments Has Left Fans in Tears