‘Nobody Can Stop Us’: Kerala Minister Claims Women Entered Sabarimala Despite Violent Protests
“We have tried our best to protect women who wanted to enter Sabarimala. All we are doing is to peacefully implement the verdict.” Mani said.
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala electricity minister MM Mani on Tuesday said despite opposition from protesting devotees and political parties, women in the age group of 10-50 years had already entered Sabarimala.
“We (CPI(M)) have the capability to send a lakh women to Sabarimala. Nobody can stops us from doing so,” he added.
Speaking to reporters, Mani said: “We have tried our best to protect women who wanted to enter Sabarimala. All we are doing is to peacefully implement the verdict.”
Reiterating his statement that things has to run smoothly according to the verdict of the Supreme Court, he said: “Women will be protected, if they are willing to enter the temple. There is no order from the court to punish women who aren’t willing to do the same.”
The state had been witnessing a series of protests, ever since the Supreme Court gave the verdict allowing the entry of women to the temple.
Recommended For You
- West Indies Legend Brian Lara Hospitalised After Chest Pain in Mumbai
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- The New Hilarious #HornChallenge That's Making TikTok Users Laugh Out Loud
- First Public Beta Versions of iOS 13, iPadOS and macOS Catalina Now Available: Here is How to Download Them
- One Pilot Dead, Other Ejected Safely After 2 Eurofighter Jets Crashed in Germany
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s