Not Amused, Say People as Manipur Governor, Chief Minister Jump Queue to Vote
Some voters pointed out that many other politicians had stood patiently in queues along with the general people.
File photo of Manipur Governor Najma Heptulla. (PTI)
Imphal: Manipur Governor Najma Heptullah and Chief Minister N Biren Singh jumped the queues to vote in the election to the Inner Manipur Lok Sabha seat on Thursday.
Voters, some of who who had lined up even before the polling stations opened at 7 am, were not amused.
Some pointed out that many other politicians had stood patiently in queues along with the general people.
Heptulla's name is registered in the Sagolband Assembly constituency under which the Raj Bhavan falls.
"I am very happy to exercise the franchise... I urge all voters to vote to choose their MPs who will champion their cause," she told the media later.
The Chief Minister and his wife voted in a polling booth under the Heingang Assembly constituency.
There are 9.28 lakh eligible voters and 11 candidates in this phase. Polling in the Outer Manipur constituency was held on April 11.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069