'Not Just Picked Pockets of Poor But Also Kicked Them on Stomach': Priyanka Gandhi Slams Govt for Rising Inflation
The Congress leader's comments come a day after data showed that retail inflation rose to about five-and-half year high of 7.35 per cent in December 2019.
File image of Priyanka Gandhi addressing a public meeting. (Image : PTI)
New Delhi: Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday hit out at the government over spiralling prices of vegetables and essential commodities which are hitting the poor.
The Congress leader's comments come a day after data showed that retail inflation rose to about five-and-half year high of 7.35 per cent in December 2019, surpassing the RBI's comfort level, mainly due to spiralling prices of vegetables as onions were selling costlier.
Priyanka Gandhi accused the government of picking pockets of the common man and also taking away their livelihood.
"The prices of vegetables and other edible commodities is getting out of reach of the common man. What will the poor eat when vegetables, oil, pulses and flour turns expensive. The poor are not even getting employment due to the economic recession. The BJP government has not just picked the pockets of the poor but also kicked on their stomach," she said in a tweet in Hindi.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Fans Love Shehnaz Gill, Rashami Desai Singing Illegal Weapon, Watch Video
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked
- Republic Day 2020: 2,471 People Take 'Plank Challenge' In Mumbai, Create Guinness World Record
- Jio and Snapchat Launch 10-second Creative Challenge And Jio’s Got Talent Lens for Snap
- This Luxury Insect Ice-Cream Made from Bug 'Milk' Has Zero Sugar and Carb