Odisha and Tripura to Get Rs 1,292 Crore for Cyclone, Floods Relief
The decisions have been taken at a meeting of a high level committee, chaired Home Minister Rajnath Singh and attended Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
Fishermen prepare to move their things from the beach during rain and strong winds caused by cyclonic storm named Titli. (Image: AP)
New Delhi: The Centre has approved release of additional assistance of Rs 1,292 crore to Odisha and Tripura, which were hit by cyclone and floods respectively.
In a statement, the Home Ministry said on Monday the additional assistance of Rs 1,023.59 crore will be released to Odisha, which was affected by cyclone Titli early this year, and Rs 268.63 crore to Tripura, hit by floods and landslides during monsoon.
The decisions have been taken at a meeting of a high level committee, chaired Home Minister Rajnath Singh and attended Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh, Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba and senior officers of the ministries of home, finance and agriculture also attended it.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Air India Offering Discounted Flight Tickets at Just Rs 799, International Airfare at Rs 4,500
- PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update to Bring Sight For UZI, DBS Shotgun, Amusement Park and More
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Sale 2020: iPhone XS at Rs 54,999, Pixel 3a at Rs 27,999
- WATCH: Passenger Plane Etihad Airbus A380 Lands Sideways in London, Heart-stopping Clip Goes Viral
- We Finally Know Why There is no Instagram App For The Apple iPad, Just Yet