On Day of UP CM Decision, Manoj Sinha Visits Varanasi Temples
Amid speculations that he might become the new Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Manoj Sinha, the Communications Minister, visited many temples in Varanasi on Saturday, officials said.
File image of Manoj Sinha. (Image: PTI)
Lucknow: Amid speculations that he might become the new Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Manoj Sinha, the Communications Minister, visited many temples in Varanasi on Saturday, officials said.
The senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader greeted onlookers and supporters as he walked to the Kaal Bhairav temple.
After spending some time there, he went to the famous Kashi Vishwanath temple and offered prayers at the sanctum sanctorum.
Surrounded by elite commandoes and local policemen, the minister, however, refused to speak on any issue. Sinha then left for the Sankatmochan temple.
Although there was no official protocol issued for Sinha to visit Lucknow, a senior BJP leader told IANS: "If needed he would be flown in a special chartered plane to the state capital".
The 312 newly elected BJP lawmakers are set to meet at the Lok Bhawan - new secretariat building built by outgoing Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, at 5 p.m. on Saturday evening where the leader of the legislature party will be elected.
The swearing-in will take place at 5 pm on Sunday in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP president Amit Shah and many other top central ministers.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4A Pro 49 Review: We Are Rubbing Our Eyes, This Just Cannot be Real
- 20 Years of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: Shah Rukh Khan was a Trendsetter Then, He is a Trendsetter Now
- Lyon Surpasses Lee, Johnson to Become Australia's Fourth Highest Wicket-taker in Tests
- Farhan Akhtar and Shibani Dandekar Make It Official on Instagram; See Picture
- Bollywood Star Salman Khan Spotted Driving Polaris RZR1000 in Dubai