On His Birthday, Mamata Banerjee Assures Farooq Abdullah of Standing by Him in 'Difficult Times'
Farooq Abdullah shares a good rapport with West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee and had attended the 'United India Rally' held in Kolkata on January 19.
File photo of West Bengal Chief Minister and TMC Supremo Mamata Banerjee. (Image: PTI)
Kolkata: Assuring former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah of standing by him uring "difficult times", West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday extended birthday wishes to the National Conference patron.
She urged Abdullah to stay positive and prayed for his good health.
"Birthday wishes to Farooq Abdullah Ji. These are difficult times for you. We stand by you. Please stay positive. We pray for your good health @OmarAbdullah," Banerjee tweeted.
The 82-year-old former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister was detained under the Public Safety Act (PSA) after the abrogation of Article 370.
He shares a good rapport with Banerjee and had attended the "United India Rally" held in Kolkata on January 19.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On International Men's Day, Salman Khan Shares Secrets to Being Dabangg
- MTV India Launches Petition for Biryani Emoticon, Desi Foodies Think it's About Time
- I-League 2019-20 Fixtures Announced: Full List of Matches
- Mubi Wants You to Watch Critically Acclaimed Cinema at Rs 199 For Three Months
- Not Thinking About Revenge against Oman in FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Sunil Chhetri