'Only Those Ready to Say Bharat Mata ki Jai Can Live Here': Dharmendra Pradhan Bats for NRC
Addressing a function of ABVP, Pradhan asked the critics of the National Register of Citizens if they wanted the country to become a 'Dharam Shala'.
File Photo of Union Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
Pune: Union minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Saturday lashed out at those opposing the National Register of Citizens, asking whether they wanted the country to become a "Dharam Shala" (an open house).
Addressing a function of Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad, an RSS-affiliated student union, here, he said people like Bhagat Singh and Subhas Chandra Bose sacrificed their lives for the freedom of the country.
"Are we going to make our country a 'Dharam Shala' now where anyone can roam freely?" he asked.
"Therefore, we need to accept this challenge and we should make sure that only those who are ready to say Bharat Mata Ki Jai can live here," the BJP leader said.
On the challenge of providing employment, Pradhan said organisations like ABVP would have to work towards finding a solution to the issue as automation grows in the industry.
The Narendra Modi government has been batting for NRC as well as the Citizenship Amendment Act despite criticism from the Opposition as well as several activists who call the exercise discriminatory.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Anup Soni Supports Sidharth Shukla, Says He Never Misbehaved on Balika Vadhu Sets
- ISL 2019-20: Mumbai City FC Become 1st Team to do League Double Over Bengaluru FC
- Cat Fight: UK Couple Wins Rs 18 Lakh Court Case to Stop Neighbour from Feeding Pet Feline
- Hockey India Contributes 25,000 US Dollars for Australian Bushfire Victims
- Virat Kohli Spotted Driving His New Audi Q8 SUV For the First Time