Opposition Members Stage Walk Out From J&K Assembly
Opposition members walked out of the state assembly on Tuesday following an uproar over the tension between two communities in Kathua district.
Jammu: Opposition members walked out of the state assembly on Tuesday following an uproar over the tension between two communities in Kathua district.
As the question hour was nearing its end, independent MLA Engineer Rashid stood up and started shouting over the alleged failure of the Jammu and Kashmir government to ease tensions between the two communities where clashes occurred on Monday.
Speaker Kavinder Gupta tried to restore order, but the MLA was soon joined by others from the National Conference (NC) including former ministers Ali Muhammad Sagar and Mian Altaf Ahmed.
Altaf said it was not for the first time that tensions had resulted in clashes between the communities.
He also accused the speaker of trying to silence Rashid who he said was raising pertinent issues in the house.
Heated arguments were also heard between Peoples Democratic Party minister, Abdul Rehman Veeri and Sagar.
The opposition finally walked out of the house shouting slogans against the speaker whom they called "RSS speaker".
Recommended For You
- LPG As Good As CNG In Curbing Pollution: Auto LPG Suppliers To PM Narendra Modi
- Flipkart Mobiles Bonanza Sale is Now Live: Deals on Pixel 2 XL, Nokia 8 Sirocco, Poco F1, Realme 2 And More
- Jawa Motorcycle to Reintroduce Yezdi Bikes in India, Launch Expected in 2020 - Report
- Marathon Guide: The Ten Running Shoes to Splurge on to Try Beat The Clock
- Spain Beat Bosnia After Nations League Heartache