Opposition Members Stage Walk Out From J&K Assembly
Opposition members walked out of the state assembly on Tuesday following an uproar over the tension between two communities in Kathua district.
Jammu: Opposition members walked out of the state assembly on Tuesday following an uproar over the tension between two communities in Kathua district.
As the question hour was nearing its end, independent MLA Engineer Rashid stood up and started shouting over the alleged failure of the Jammu and Kashmir government to ease tensions between the two communities where clashes occurred on Monday.
Speaker Kavinder Gupta tried to restore order, but the MLA was soon joined by others from the National Conference (NC) including former ministers Ali Muhammad Sagar and Mian Altaf Ahmed.
Altaf said it was not for the first time that tensions had resulted in clashes between the communities.
He also accused the speaker of trying to silence Rashid who he said was raising pertinent issues in the house.
Heated arguments were also heard between Peoples Democratic Party minister, Abdul Rehman Veeri and Sagar.
The opposition finally walked out of the house shouting slogans against the speaker whom they called "RSS speaker".
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Stefanos Tsitsipas Flies into 'Fairytale' First Slam Semi-final
- Ronaldo Misses Penalty but Juventus Ease Past Chievo
- Video of Sara Ali Khan and Malaika Arora Working Out Together is Breaking the Internet, Watch Here
- Good News: Akshay Kumar-Kareena Kapoor Film Gets a New Release Date, Check Out
- WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock, Sticker Integration, Private Replies and More Coming in Future Updates
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s