Over an Hour Before Oath Taking, President's Rule Revoked in Maharashtra: Home Ministry Notification
According to a Home Ministry notification, President Ram Nath Kovind issued the proclamation for revocation of the central rule this morning.
Maharashtra Governor BS Koshyari flanked by Devendra Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar during the oath taking ceremony in Mumbai. (Image: Special Arrangement)
New Delhi: The BJP-NCP government took charge in Maharashtra on Saturday after the President's rule, imposed in the state a fortnight ago, was revoked at 5.47 am.
According to a Home Ministry notification, President Ram Nath Kovind issued the proclamation for revocation of the central rule this morning. The gazette notification to this effect was issued by Union Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla at 5.47 am.
Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Devendra Fadnavis and Nationalist Congress Party's (NCP) Ajit Pawar took oath as the chief minister and deputy chief minister of Maharashtra after the President's rule was revoked.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WWE And TikTok Have Tied Up, You Will Now Get Official Wrestler Entrance Themes
- Kapil Sharma Receives Money from Ajay Devgn for Promoting Tanhaji
- Citizenship Act Protests: Internet Shutdown in Aligarh, Meerut, West Bengal And Assam
- Man Orders iPhone 11 Pro Worth Rs 93,000 from Flipkart, Receives Fake Phone Instead
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges