Parrikar Retains Home, Finance; Others Get a Ministry Each
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday retained the key portfolios of Home and Finance, and allotted one ministry each to nine other cabinet ministers.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar chairing first state cabinet in Porvorim (PTI Photo)
Panaji: Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday retained the key portfolios of Home and Finance, and allotted one ministry each to nine other cabinet ministers.
While two BJP ministers Francis D'Souza and Pandurang Madkaikar have been given the Urban Development and Power, three Goa Forward Party legislators Vijai Sardesai, Vinod Paliencar and Jayesh Salgaocar have been given respectively the Town and Country Planning, Water Resources Department and Housing Board.
The Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party, which has two lawmakers Sudin Dhavalikar and Manohar Azgaonkar in the cabinet, has been given the coveted Public Works Department and Tourism ministries.
Independent legislators Rohan Khaunte and Govind Gawde, who have extended their support to Parrikar to form the new ministry in Goa, have been allotted the Revenue, and Art and Culture ministries.
The allotment of ministries was notified in the state government gazette on Monday after formal approval of Goa Governor Mridula Sinha earlier in the day.
Parrikar was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of the state on March 14.
Recommended For You
- Rising India: Ranveer Singh Talks About Facing The Limelight, His Style Quotient And Padmaavat
- India Joins In As World Prepares To Celebrate French Gastronomy On March 21
- Zuckerberg Goes 007 Mode: Sets up 'Secret Police' to Find Information Leakers in Facebook
- Raid Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Starrer is Promising But Runs Out of Steam Before The Finish Line
- Avengers Infinity War Trailer: The End Is Near and Thanos Has Got Us All Stoked About It