Patti Election Results 2017: Harminder Singh Gill of INC Wins
Harminder Singh Gill of INC has defeated SAD's Adesh Partap Singh Kairon to win the seat in Patti.
Harminder Singh Gill of INC has defeated SAD's Adesh Partap Singh Kairon to win the seat in Patti. He secured 64617 votes.
The main candidates from Patti were Avtar Singh (BSP), Ranjit Singh Cheema (AAP), Harminder Singh Gill(INC) and Adesh Partap Singh Kairon (SAD).
Adesh Partap Singh Kairon is the son-in-law of Parkash Singh Badal. Devilal performed Kanyadan in his marriage. He is the son of Parkash Singh Kairon.
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls had predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius