Pilibhit Election Results 2017: Sanjay Singh Gangwar of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Pilibhit seat, constituency No. 124 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Sanjay Singh Gangwar of BJP has won the Pilibhit seat, constituency No. 124 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Pilibhit were Arshad Khan (BSP), Sanjay Singh Gangwar (BJP) Bhoopram Alias Bhawani Prasad (RLD), Riaz Ahmad (SP), Munesh Singh (Independent).
Pilibhit is a Muslim-dominated constituency. Four-time MLA and cabinet minister Riyaz Ahmed of Samajwadi Party is facing Sanjay Gangwar again, who lost narrowly in 2012. Gangwar was a Bahujan Samaj Party candidate last time but is now with the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP).
The Samajwadi Party (SP) defeated the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Riaz Ahmad, the winning SP candidate, got 61,578 votes. The nearest contender was Sanjay Singh Gangwar of BSP who got 57,343 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- 'Delhi Crime': Director Richie Mehta Unflurs the Unknown Side of Nirbhaya Case
- Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt Perform Most Romantic Dance at an Event And Fans Are Swooning Over
- Call of Duty Mobile to Launch in Coming Months, Could be a Potential Threat to PUBG Mobile: Watch Video
- Shane Dawson and Ryland Adams are Engaged and Internet is Crying Tears of Joy
- IPL 2019: Kohli and Chhetri Bond During RCB Training Camp
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s