PM Modi Congratulates Amit Shah, Smriti Irani for Making Rajya Sabha Debut
BJP's Amit Shah and Smriti Irani made their maiden entry into the Rajya Sabha, polls for which were held on Tuesday in Gujarat.
File photo of prime minister Narendra Modi(Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday congratulated Union minister Smriti Irani and BJP chief Amit Shah on being elected to Rajya Sabha from Gujarat.
Shah and Irani made their maiden entry into the upper house, polls for which were held on Tuesday.
"Congratulations to BJP President @AmitShah & ministerial colleague @smritiirani on getting elected to the Rajya Sabha from Gujarat," Modi wrote in a tweet.
The prime minister also congratulated Shah for completing three years as the BJP chief and noted that the saffron party's base had expanded during this period.
"Congratulations to Shri @AmitShah on completing 3 successful years as @BJP4India President," he said in another tweet.
Modi said under Shah's leadership, the BJP has expanded its base in several areas and diligently worked towards nation building.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Ties the Knot With Laura Hashian in Secret Hawaiian Wedding, See Pics
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?