PM Modi Used Hatred in Elections, We Used Love, Says Rahul Gandhi After Casting Vote
Asserting that this election saw a 'good fight' between the two rival parties, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi said he thought that 'love is going to win'.
New Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday cast his vote in Lok Sabha polls here and hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying he "used hatred" during the elections but the grand old party "used love".
Asserting that this election saw a "good fight" between the two rival parties, Gandhi said he thought that "love is going to win".
"Prime Minister Narendra Modi used hatred, we (Congress) love. And, I think love is going to win," he told reporters, soon after exercising his franchise.
Clad in his trademark kurta-pyjama, he was accompanied by party's New Delhi candidate Ajay Maken on way to the polling booth, a walking distance from his Tughlaq Lane residence.
"There are four issues in this election, these are not our issues but people's issues. And most important among these is of unemployment. Then, condition of farmers, demonetisation, Gabbar Singh Tax (mocking GST), corruption and the Rafale issue," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution