PM Should Participate in Demonetisation Debate: Rahul Gandhi
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Friday demanded that Prime Minister Narendra Modi participate in the debate over demonetisation in the parliament.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi addresses media on Wednesday.
New Delhi: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Friday demanded that Prime Minister Narendra Modi participate in the debate over demonetisation in the parliament.
"Sometimes he laughs and sometimes he cries outside the parliament. The Prime Minister should come to the House and participate in the debate," Gandhi told the media.
He said that Modi attended Rajya Sabha proceedings on Thursday but did not participate in the debate on the November 8 move to demonetise Rs 500 and 1,000 notes.
Opposition parties have consistently been demanding that for parliament to function, the Prime Minister should be present during the debate on demonetisation.
Recommended For You
- Gionee S11 Lite vs Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: The Best Budget Phone Battle
- Lionel Messi Scores in EU Court Battle to Trademark Name
- Priyanka Chopra Slays it in an All Red Avatar on the Streets of New York City; See Pics
- Avengers: Infinity War-Think You Are Ready to Join The Marvel Superheroes? Take Our Quiz to Find Out
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S First Look: Signature Redefined