195/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
Polls to One Seat Each in UP, Uttarakhand Postponed
Elections to one constituency each in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand were postponed on Sunday following the death of candidates.
File photo of the Election Commission of India building in New Delhi.
New Delhi: Elections to one constituency each in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand were postponed on Sunday following the death of candidates.
Election Commission said in New Delhi that following the death of SP candidate Chandrashekhar of Alapur (ST) constituency the
election has been postponed.
Similarly, due to death of BSP candidate Kuldeep Singh in a road accident, the election to Karnaprayag seat has also been postponed.
The polls in both the places were to be held on February 15.
As per law, if candidates of recognised party die, it is countermanded and party is given time to field a new candidate and polling fixed for new date.
The new dates will be announced later.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami