Prakash Raj Files Nomination as Independent from Bangalore Central
Prakash Raj will be contesting from the seat against BJP's outgoing MP P.C. Mohan, who too filed his nomination from Bangalore Central seat on Friday.
File photo of actor Prakash Raj. (PTI)
Bengaluru: South Indian multi-lingual actor Prakash Raj on Friday filed his nomination to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Bangalore Central constituency as an Independent.
Raj, 53, who hails from this tech city, is a popular actor in Kannada, Telugu, Tamil and Hindi films.
"National parties like BJP and Congress have failed the people. I would like to be the voice of the people," Raj told the media after filing his nomination.
The actor will be contesting from the seat against BJP's outgoing MP P.C. Mohan, who too filed his nomination from Bangalore Central seat on Friday.
The Congress is yet to announce its candidate from the constituency.
Delhi's ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has announced its support to Prakash Raj.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan Gives Back to Tiger Shroff's Krrish Meme by Sporting Flying Jatt T-shirt
- Plumber's Re 0 Invoice for 91-Year-Old Ill Woman Earns Him Praises on Internet
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- 33,000 People Want Oxford Dictionary to Change its Definition of 'Woman'. Here's Why.
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro