Presidential Election Battle of Ideology and Principles: Sonia Gandhi
Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday described the presidential election as a battle of ideologies and principles and said the opposition was determined to fight it.
File photo of Congress party president Sonia Gandhi. (File picture)
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday described the presidential election as a battle of ideologies and principles and said the opposition was determined to fight it.
"For us, it is a battle of ideologies, principles and truth and we will fight it," she said after the opposition's presidential candidate Meira Kumar filed her nomination in Parliament.
The Congress president led the 17 opposition parties in accompanying the former Lok Sabha speaker as she filed her nomination on the last day on Wednesday.
Gandhi is one of Kumar's proposers in one set of nomination papers, sources said.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, who is abroad on a vacation, said Kumar represents the values that bind the country and its people.
"Against the ideology of divisiveness she represents the values that bind us as a nation and people. Proud to have Meira Kumar ji as our candidate," he tweeted.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes