Previous Govts Did Nothing for OBCs, Modi Set Up Panel to Address Their Issues, Says Amit Shah
Union Home Minister Amit Shah also lauded the prime minister for integrating Jammu and Kashmir with India by abrogating Article 370.
File photo of Union home minister Amit Shah.
Beed: BJP president Amit Shah on Tuesday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the issues of backward classes by setting up an OBC commission, which the previous governments could not do in last 70 years.
He also lauded the prime minister for integrating Jammu and Kashmir with India by abrogating Article 370.
Addressing a Dussehra rally organised in Maharashtra's Beed district, he said, "The previous governments in last 70 years could do nothing for the Other Backward Classes. It was Modi who formed the OBC commission to address their issues through the constitutional framework."
Further lavishing praise on Modi for abrogating Article 370, "The prime minister integrated Jammu and Kashmir with India. His work should reach every home in this (Marathwada) region."
The BJP-led central government has been undertaking several developmental projects, he added.
The Dussehra function in Beed was organised by Maharashtra Cabinet minister Pankaja Munde. She organised a special welcome for Shah with the firing of 370 canons in air and waving of 370 flags, to appreciate the Centre's decision to abrogate the Article which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan Step Out Together for Sunday Brunch with Kids, See Pics
- 'Just Get Dark Skinned Actors': Ayushmann-Bhumi's 'Bala' Draws Criticism for 'Brownface'
- This is The End: What is up With Fortnite And Why Are You Staring at a Blank Screen
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day
- Copenhagen Climate Summit: Arvind Kejriwal Reiterates Focus on Electric Buses, Odd-Even Scheme