Priyanka Gandhi Attacks Yogi Govt for 'Harassing' UP Farmers Over Power Bill Dues
Priyanka Gandhi also demanded compensation to the next of kin of a Badaun farmer who allegedly died of the harassment over recovery of power bill dues.
File photo of Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra (PTI)
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Sunday attacked the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh for allegedly harassing farmers for recovering power bill arrears.
She also demanded compensation to the next of kin of a Badaun farmer who allegedly died of the harassment over recovery of power bill dues.
"The BJP government in UP has raised electricity rates and farmers are being harassed and put in jail over recovery of power bill dues. The incident involving Badaun farmer Brijlal ji is reprehensible," said Vadra in a tweet.
"His family should also get compensation and no farmer should be harassed," she added.
The Congress general secretary also attached a news report with her tweet that said a farmer of Badaun died after being put in jail for 11 days over recovery of power bill dues.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Here’s How ISRO’s Astronauts are Preparing for India’s First Manned Spaceflight
- Street Dancer 3D Box Office Prediction: Remo D'Souza's Dance Film Might Wash Off Varun Dhawan's Kalank
- Tata Motors is Now the Safest Indian Car Manufacturer With Two 5-Star and Two 4-Star Rated Cars
- WATCH | Zion Williamson Scores 17 Points in a Bit Over 3 Minutes on Much-awaited NBA Debut
- Microsoft Accidentally Exposed Data of 250 Million Users; Why Aren't We Shocked Anymore?