Priyanka Gandhi Slams Modi Government's Skill India Initiative, Says Only 21% Trainees Placed
AICC General-Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said that only 15.23 lakh people out of the 72 lakh who were trained under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) got placements.
File photo of Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi.
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Sunday hit out at the Narendra Modi government over its Skill India initiative, saying it has been a case of "much ado about nothing".
She cited a media report which claimed that out of nearly 72 lakh people trained under the Centre's Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), only 15.23 lakh (21 per cent) got placements.
"Much ado about nothing. Skill India that was launched with much fanfare by the government is in this state. In Uttar Pradesh, 10 lakh were given training, but only 2 lakh got jobs," she said in a tweet. Will the government speak on this, she asked.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- People are Copy-Pasting Nick Jonas' Karwa Chauth Tweet but With a Hilarious Twist
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge