Priyanka Gandhi Slams Modi Government's Skill India Initiative, Says Only 21% Trainees Placed
AICC General-Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said that only 15.23 lakh people out of the 72 lakh who were trained under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) got placements.
File photo of Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi.
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Sunday hit out at the Narendra Modi government over its Skill India initiative, saying it has been a case of "much ado about nothing".
She cited a media report which claimed that out of nearly 72 lakh people trained under the Centre's Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), only 15.23 lakh (21 per cent) got placements.
"Much ado about nothing. Skill India that was launched with much fanfare by the government is in this state. In Uttar Pradesh, 10 lakh were given training, but only 2 lakh got jobs," she said in a tweet. Will the government speak on this, she asked.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Mission Mangal vs Batla House Box Office: Akshay Kumar Maintains Lead on Day 3
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Netflix Reveals Why Pankaj Tripathi Was the Perfect Choice for 'Guruji' in 'Sacred Games' 2
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March