Priyanka Gandhi's Action Shows Her Indira-like Sensitivity, Says Madhya Pradesh Congress
Priyanka Gandhi's visit to Sonbhadra also reminded of Indira Gandhi's visit to Belchi in Bihar following a massacre there to meet the victims' families, Oza said.
File photo of Priyanka Gandhi
Bhopal: Priyanka Gandhi's decision to visit Sonbhadra in Uttar Pradesh following the killing of ten tribals showed her sensitivity "inherited from grandmother", Madhya Pradesh Congress spokesperson Shobha Oza said Friday.
Gandhi was detained by police Friday when she was on her way to Sonbhadra district where ten tribals were massacred, allegedly by land mafia.
Oza, MP Congress media cell chairperson, said Gandhi's "swift reaction reflects her sensitivity which she has inherited from her grandmother Indira Gandhi". It also reminded of Indira Gandhi's visit to Belchi in Bihar following a massacre there to meet the victims' families, Oza said.
The way Priyanka Gandhi was stopped and "arrested" showed that the BJP governments at the Centre and in Uttar Pradesh were afraid of her popularity, Oza added. The "arrest" was unconstitutional, she alleged.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Who Will Get Evicted from the House This Week? Vote Here
- Padma Shri Oinam Bembem Devi Used to Change Her Name to Play With Boys When She Was Young
- Republic Day 2020: A Look at the Fighter Jet Fleet of the IAF: Rafale, Tejas, Sukhoi and More
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online
- Twitter Brings Tricolor India Gate Emoji to Mark 71st Republic Day