Priyanka Not Campaigning in Amethi as She Can't Face Questions: Smriti
Union minister and BJP leader Smriti Irani on Wednesday attacked Priyanka Gandhi saying the Congress leader is not campaigning in Amethi as she cannot face people's questions.
File photo of Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani. (PTI)
Kanpur: Union minister and BJP leader Smriti Irani on Wednesday attacked Priyanka Gandhi saying the Congress leader is not campaigning in Amethi as she cannot face people's questions.
The Union Textiles Minister addressed rallies and press conference here, where she did not give direct reply when asked if she would be the party’s chief ministerial candidate if it comes to power.
Every BJP worker wants that the party forms the next government in Uttar Pradesh, she said on the question of chief ministerial candidate.
She said that despite losing the Lok Sabha poll from Amethi in 2014 to Rahul Gandhi she has been working for the people of the constituency.
But, Priyanka Gandhi has not gone to campaign in Amethi because of the “unfulfilled” promises, she said.
“Priyanka wants to avoid people’s questions,” she said.
Asked if SP-Congress alliance has in any way affected the prospects of BJP in the state, she said Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav went with Congress because he was not confident of a victory alone.
On BSP supremo Mayawati’s recent comments on BJP, the Minister said she just wants to “remain in headlines”.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile Ban: India Could Get Six Hour Play Time Restriction to Curb Addiction
- Karan Johar Says He's Facing Technical Trouble, Denies 'Liking' Tweet Abusing SRK
- Marvel Releases Avengers Endgame Official Synopsis and New TV Spot
- Amazon Apple Fest: Offers on iPhone X, Apple Watch, MacBook And More
- Should You Subscribe to Hotstar VIP or Hotstar Premium Ahead of IPL 2019?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s