Probe Agencies Working Under Pressure to Nab Chidambaram, Says Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot
The Delhi High Court had on Tuesday refused to grant any protection from the arrest to Chidambaram in the INX Media case, following which the CBI visited his house and after they failed to find him there, ssued a notice to him asking him to appear before the investigation officer 'within two hours'.
File photo of Rajasthan Chief Minister and senior Congress leader Ashok Gehlot.
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday accused the central investigative agencies of "working under pressure" to arrest former Finance Minister P Chidambaram in hurry. He termed the agencies' haste to nab the former finance minister as "beyond any justification".
"Every Indian citizen has a legal right to defend himself and utilise all legal remedies available as per the Indian legal system. The hurry of investigating agencies to catch hold of P Chidambaram is beyond any justification, it clearly shows they are working under pressure," Gehlot tweeted.
The Delhi High Court had on Tuesday refused to grant any protection from the arrest to Chidambaram in the INX Media case, following which the CBI visited his house and after they failed to find him there, issued a notice to him asking him to appear before the investigation officer "within two hours".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- Lilly Singh Hosting 'The Late Night Show' is the Desi Representation We've Been Waiting For
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says He Deserves to Win More Ballon d’Or Awards Than Messi
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch