Qadian Election Results 2017: Fatehjang Singh Bajwa of Congress Wins
INC's Fatehjang Singh Bajwa has won in Qadian defeating SAD's Sewa Singh and AAP's Kanwal Preet Singh.
Indian National Congress's Fatehjang Singh Bajwa has won in Qadian defeating SAD's Sewa Singh and AAP's Kanwal Preet Singh.
The main candidates from Qadian were Mohinder Singh (BSP), Kanwal Preet Singh (AAP), FatehJang Singh Bajwa (INC) and Sewa Singh (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
Qadian is the International headquarters of the Ahmadiyya community. It is the stronghold of Bajwa clan. Fatehjang Singh Bajwa is the brother of former Punjab Congress chief and incumbent RS member Pratap Bajwa.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Apple Silently Updates iPad Lineup with New iPad Air And iPad Mini; Prices Start Rs 34,900
- Patriot Act? Hasan Minhaj on Indian Elections is the Primer You Never Knew You Needed
- Ronaldo Faces Disciplinary Hearing Over Goal Celebration
- Sonali Bendre Enjoys Sunday Brunch With Goldie Behl, Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan; See Pic
- Thanos' Look From Avengers Endgame Leaked, Kissing Scene in Dear Comrade Receives Flak
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s