Raebareli Election Results 2017: Aditi Singh of Congress Wins
Counting is on for the Raebareli seat, constituency No. 266 of Uttar Pradesh legislative Assembly.
Aditi Singh of Congress has won the Raebareli constituency No. 180 of Uttar Pradesh legislative Assembly on Saturday.
The main candidates from Raebareli were Shahbaz Khan (BSP), Anita Srivastava (BJP), Aditi Singh (Congress), Bharati Pandey (RLD).
Raebareli is Dalit dominated constituency. Congress bahubali Akhilesh Singh, who has represented the constituency five times since 1993, has passed the baton to daughter Aditi Singh, who is contesting from Congress. BJP’s Anita Srivastava a first-timer, is trying to make inroads.
The Peace Party (PECP) defeated the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Akhilesh Kumar Singh, the winning BJP candidate, got 75,588 votes. The nearest contender was Kumari Ram Pratap Yadav of SP who got 46,094 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | Bumrah Recovery on Track, No Sign of Stress: Mumbai Indians
- Hope Tribals and Nomads Find Place in 'New India': Meet MP's First College-Going Pardhi Girl
- YouTube No Longer a Competition to Netflix, Amazon; Cancels Expensive Hollywood Shows: Report
- Netflix is Flexing Its AI Muscles, With The Episode Ordering Experiment For Love, Death + Robots
- Sara Ali Khan Playfully Screams Kartik Aaryan's Name and the Actor Can't Stop Blushing
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s