Rahul Gandhi Claims Credit for Loan Waivers, Says 'Congress Awakened Assam, Gujarat CMs'
Both the announcements were made after the newly formed Congress governments in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh declared to waive off farm loans.
File photo of Congress chief Rahul Gandhi. (PTI)
New Delhi: Claiming that Congress had 'managed to awaken' chief ministers of Assam and Gujarat, Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday reiterated that he will not let Prime Minister Narendra Modi sleep until all farm loans are waived.
"The Congress party has managed to wake the CM's of Assam and Gujarat from their deep slumber. PM is still asleep. We will wake him up too," Gandhi tweeted.
The Congress party has managed to wake the CM's of Assam & Gujarat from their deep slumber. PM is still asleep. We will wake him up too.— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) December 19, 2018
His statement came after BJP government in Assam approved Rs 600 crore farm loan waiver, while the Vijay Rupani government in Gujarat announced a decision to waive electricity bills of connection holders in rural areas to the tune of Rs 650 crore.
Both the announcements were made after the newly formed Congress governments in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh declared to waive off farm loans. Thus, prompting Gandhi to attack the BJP government and claim that Congress awakened the BJP CMs from "deep slumber".
The Congress president said the Congress's recent win is the victory of the poor, the farmers, the youth, labour and small shopkeepers.
Recommended For You
- Most Epic Selfie Ever? This Monkey Just Photobombed a Family's Vacation Photo and It's Hilarious
- 18 Years of Lagaan: Aamir Khan Shares Emotional Post and Thanks Ashutosh Gowarikar
- Ranveer Singh Wishes 'Papa' on Father's Day 2019 with a Throwback Picture and Millennial Hashtags
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Last Hurrah: Mahindra Thar Signature Edition to Commemorate its First Generation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s