Rahul Gandhi Condemns Butchering of Calf in Kerala by Youth Congress Members
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday condemned the butchering of a calf in public allegedly by some Youth Congress members in Kerala to protest against the government's move to ban sale of cows for slaughter.
File image of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi. (Photo:PTI)
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday condemned the butchering of a calf in public allegedly by some Youth Congress members in Kerala to protest against the government's move to ban sale of cows for slaughter.
Terming the incident as "thoughtless and barbaric", he said that it was "unacceptable" to him and his party.
"What happened in Kerala yesterday is thoughtless, barbaric and completely unacceptable to me and the Congress Party. I strongly condemn the incident," he tweeted.
What happened in Kerala today is thoughtless,barbaric& unacceptable to me& Congress Party;strongly condemn the incident, tweets Rahul Gandhi pic.twitter.com/AIfY6vdMXz
— ANI (@ANI_news) May 28, 2017
An 18-month-old calf was butchered in an open vehicle allegdly by Youth Congress workers who raised slogans against the Centre's decision to ban sale of cattle for slaughter. The meat was then distributed free to onlookers.
Keraka Police on Sunday booked some Youth Congress activists after the incident drew flak from various quarters.
Recommended For You
- HAL Rolls Out 16th Tejas LCA Fighter Jet for Indian Air Force as Per Target
- IPL 2019 | Bumrah Recovery on Track, No Sign of Stress: Mumbai Indians
- Superstar Mahesh Babu's Madame Tussauds Wax Statue Unveiled, Flown from Singapore to Hyderabad for Fans
- Dhoni Review System: Twitter Roasts Dinesh Karthik For Wrong DRS Call in KKR vs SRH Match
- Kesari Weekend Collection: Akshay Kumar's War Drama Banks Close to 80 Cr at Box Office
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s