Rahul Gandhi Condemns Butchering of Calf in Kerala by Youth Congress Members
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday condemned the butchering of a calf in public allegedly by some Youth Congress members in Kerala to protest against the government's move to ban sale of cows for slaughter.
File image of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi. (Photo: PTI)
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday condemned the butchering of a calf in public allegedly by some Youth Congress members in Kerala to protest against the government's move to ban sale of cows for slaughter.
Terming the incident as "thoughtless and barbaric", he said that it was "unacceptable" to him and his party.
"What happened in Kerala yesterday is thoughtless, barbaric and completely unacceptable to me and the Congress Party. I strongly condemn the incident," he tweeted.
What happened in Kerala today is thoughtless,barbaric& unacceptable to me& Congress Party;strongly condemn the incident, tweets Rahul Gandhi pic.twitter.com/AIfY6vdMXz— ANI (@ANI_news) May 28, 2017
An 18-month-old calf was butchered in an open vehicle allegdly by Youth Congress workers who raised slogans against the Centre's decision to ban sale of cattle for slaughter. The meat was then distributed free to onlookers.
Keraka Police on Sunday booked some Youth Congress activists after the incident drew flak from various quarters.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Bigg Boss 13: Are Sidharth Shukla and Arti Singh Getting Close Again?
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India