Rahul Gandhi Gets Time Till Friday Evening to Respond to EC's Show-cause Notice
On Tuesday, Rahul Gandhi had sought time till the weekend to respond to the notice.
File photo of Congress president Rahul Gandhi. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi has been given time till Friday evening by the Election Commission (EC) to respond to a show-cause notice issued to him over his remark that the Narendra Modi government had enacted a new law that allowed tribals to be shot at.
On Tuesday, Gandhi had sought time till the weekend to respond to the notice.
Last Friday, the Congress chief had sought time till May 7 to respond to the notice, following which the EC had granted him an extension.
Citing his speech in Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh on April 23, the poll panel had, on May 1, issued the show-cause notice to Gandhi, highlighting a provision of the Model Code of Conduct that barred "unverified" allegations against political opponents.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works