Rahul Gandhi Says Time up for PM Modi, Young and Old Coming Out to Vote for NYAY
Rahul Gandhi claimed that young and the old are voting in large numbers for NYAY, the Congress' 'Nyuntam Aay Yojna' (minimum income guarantee scheme) to eradicate poverty, noting it showed how powerful the idea was.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi addresses reporters in New Delhi on Saturday.
New Delhi: With polling for two more phases of Lok Sabha polls left, Congress President Rahul Gandhi Wednesday said time for change has come and that "time was up" for Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Gandhi claimed that young and the old are voting in large numbers for NYAY, the Congress' "Nyuntam Aay Yojna" (minimum income guarantee scheme) to eradicate poverty, noting it showed how powerful the idea was.
The Congress has announced that under the scheme, the party, if voted to power, will give Rs 72,000 per year to 20 per cent poorest families in the country.
"Across India, it's not just young people who are coming out in large numbers to vote for NYAY; older more experienced voters too have understood how powerful the idea is.
"Modi Ji, your time is up. The time for change has come," he said on Twitter.
The Congress had announced last month 'Ab Hoga Nyay' as its battle cry for the Lok Sabha polls and launched a campaign centred around the theme of 'justice' while alluding to the party's
proposed minimum income scheme.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mouni Roy Shares Romantic Moment with Salman Khan, Dances to Odhni Song
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When