Rahul Gandhi Unlikely to Visit China Amid Criticism of His Foreign Tours
Amid criticism of his foreign tours during polls, Rahul Gandhi is unlikely to travel to China on a visit that was expected to take place next week.
File image of Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi.
New Delhi: Amid criticism of his foreign tours during polls, Rahul Gandhi is unlikely to travel to China on a visit that was expected to take place next week.
Gandhi, the Congress vice president, was to lead a party delegation on a week-long visit to Beijing reportedly from January 15 at the invitation of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) as part of the regular party-to-party exchanges between the two countries.
AICC had for the past one week not denied reports of the delegation visiting China.
"We cannot confirm about the visit, so how can we confirm about the deferment," said a party leader when asked about Rahul's plans to travel to China next week.
Rahul has just returned from a week-long foreign vacation, for which he was criticised as five states are going to the polls.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Gulzar, Poonam Dhillon Attend Khayyam's Prayer Meet; Kapil Sharma Accused of Disrespecting Women
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Ties the Knot With Laura Hashian in Secret Hawaiian Wedding, See Pics
- Camera That Clicked San Francisco’s Fog Enveloped Golden Gate Bridge is Shutting Down