Rahul Gandhi Unlikely to Visit China Amid Criticism of His Foreign Tours
Amid criticism of his foreign tours during polls, Rahul Gandhi is unlikely to travel to China on a visit that was expected to take place next week.
File image of Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi.
New Delhi: Amid criticism of his foreign tours during polls, Rahul Gandhi is unlikely to travel to China on a visit that was expected to take place next week.
Gandhi, the Congress vice president, was to lead a party delegation on a week-long visit to Beijing reportedly from January 15 at the invitation of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) as part of the regular party-to-party exchanges between the two countries.
AICC had for the past one week not denied reports of the delegation visiting China.
"We cannot confirm about the visit, so how can we confirm about the deferment," said a party leader when asked about Rahul's plans to travel to China next week.
Rahul has just returned from a week-long foreign vacation, for which he was criticised as five states are going to the polls.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Goa's Capital Panaji One of India's Safest Cities in Child Safety on Roads: Nissan Survey
- Kalank: Alia Bhatt Shares Heartfelt Post, New Photos from Set As She Wraps the Shoot
- PM Modi Thanks Kapil Sharma for Appreciating His 'Sense of Humour', See Post
- Rafael Nadal Wary of 'Dangerous' Giant-killer Tiafoe After Berdych Rout
- Marvel Takes #10YearChallenge, Shares Pictures of Avengers Endgame Characters
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s